Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Lorikeets of Adelaide - Musk and Rainbow

I had a short 4 hour lay-over in Adelaide on the way home and went for a bit of a walk. Fortunately the rain I had experienced virtually constantly since leaving home a week earlier had dissipated. I had been looking for the Musk Lorikeets in Melbourne but they were in different locations to me there, so I was happy to hear their slightly subdued calls (compared to the Rainbow Lorikeets) as I commenced my walk.
The Rainbow Lorikeets were their normal gregarious selves, and they were my first decent photo models, and it wasn't until I was almost back to the airport that the Muskies finally showed themselves enough for decent photos.
Lorikeets of any type are colourful and I love to see them in general, although it is sad they are now well established in Alice Springs despite not (I think) being native to the area, hence they will start to affect the local populations of parrot species. However, I did enjoy the below photos.

Musk Lorikeet




Rainbow Lorikeet


No comments:

Post a Comment