Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Saturday 9 July 2016

Black Honeyeater, wildflowers and dragons

Went for a little drive around Alice springs and finally started seeing some wildflowers. I have been expecting them most of the year due to the rains, and although they aren't the variety of colour that can be seen in Central Australia, it was still nice to see some.

It was also a warmish afternoon so the Bearded Dragons were out as well.

The most exciting sighting though was a pair of Black Honeyeaters. The female was far more seclusive, only popping up to the branch nearby for a second and then she was off. The male however, was very friendly, piping his heart out and posing for the camera.

Black Honeyeater



Wildflowers


Bearded Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment