Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Sunday 31 May 2015

Some of the birds, animals and scenery walking the Larapinta Hills

I am very lucky to have a beautiful place to walk the dog in the mornings and evenings - the hills behind Larapinta in Alice Springs. Over the past 6 months I have seen a wide variety of colours, animals, reptiles and birds. I haven't quite made it as far as the Larapinta Trail, but I'm sure if I kept walking I would eventually run into it. Some times I take the camera with me, other times it is really nice to be able to just experience everything the area has to offer without concentrating on trying to get a great photo. I have been amazed at the variety on my door step. Here are some of the photos. I hope you enjoy.

Black-shouldered Kite





Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoo

Rufous Whistler

Splendid Fairy-wren

Western MacDonnell Ranges


Spinifex Pigeon


Dingo

My companion on the walks - Elsey with Heavitree Gap hills in the background

Grey-crowned Babbler

1 comment:

  1. Certainly some nice sights and a super companion, Richard.

    ReplyDelete