Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 5 March 2014

A well placed bush - photos of Rainbow Bee-eaters, Budgerigar, Brown Honeyeater and Willie Wagtail at Papunya

Near the Papunya airstrip, there is a largish ground hollow that has had water in it on the occasions work has brought me to the Community. In the middle of one of the larger pools is a shrub that provides a lovely launching place for birds wanting a drink. The Diamond Doves and Zebra Finches use it, as well as a variety of other birds including the Rainbow Bee-eater.

Rainbow Bee-eater

from the perch, it launched an assault on something in the water




 Budgerigar 

Brown Honeyeater



Willie Wagtail


The shrub, full of Zebra Finches and a few Budgerigars

1 comment:

  1. so fabulous to see the budgerigars out there, and the rainbow-bee-eater put on such a show Richard

    ReplyDelete