Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Baby Budgies in the hollows

The creek and river beds around Central Australia are full of the begging sounds of Budgerigar chicks in the hollows of the River Red Gums. With plentiful food from the recent rains in easy reach for the parents, the sounds of new life can be deafening. The cacophony from the growing chicks drowns out even the Yellow-throated Miners, and that's no mean feat. Only when the alarm calls from the White-plumed Honeyeaters of an approaching threat causes a lull in the chirps from inside the trees.

The following is a series of photos I captured earlier this week. I got a nice surprise when I downloaded the photos and saw what was in the hollow in the second photo. Hope you enjoy.

Budgerigars






No comments:

Post a Comment