Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Friday 25 October 2013

Bird photos from Docker River to Alice Springs

Saw some beautiful sights on the way back from Docker River.Among the best were these Major Mitchell (or also known as "Pink) Cockatoos

Major Mitchell Cockatoos







Staying on the cockatoo theme, here are some Red-tailed Black Cockatoos


some of the smaller birds included one of my best efforts with a White-fronted Honeyeater



and the Zebra Finches were their usual delightful selves around a puddle of water



and despite the lack of Wedge-tailed Eagles, the birds of prey were still enjoyable when they appeared.

Black-breasted Buzzard




and finally a Black Kite, fighting against the wind, hovered just above me

Black Kite




No comments:

Post a Comment