Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 8 October 2012

A recent visit to the Alice Springs Water Stabilisation Ponds

It has been a while since I posted some of the local birds around Alice Springs due to my work taking me out to remote locations. The below are a selection of photos from a recent visit to the Poo Ponds in Alice Springs:

Australasian Pipit


Australian Reed Warbler

Black-fronted Dotterel

Black-winged Stilt






Egrets (monochrome)

White-winged Fairy-wren



Masked Lapwings in flight

Orange Chat (immature)


Port Lincoln Parrot

Red-capped Plover



Sharp-tailed Sandpiper


Swans in the setting sun

Whiskered Tern





Whistling Kite
 



 Willie Wagtail






 Wood Sandpiper

 Zebra Finch

Enjoy your Bird-watching!

4 comments:

  1. some great photos Richard, particularly the wood sandpiper, I haven't seen one before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beaut photos (especially the swans) and a nice variety of birds. Looks like a great place to visit. The woody would be a newbie for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonitas fotos de este catalogo de aves.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Rich. The synchronised stilting shots are particularly striking!

    ReplyDelete