Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Orange Chats, Whiskered Terns and a very lucky Masked Lapwing

Orange Chats have come out to play recently in Central Australia. Here are some photos I took recently:

Orange Chat





Whiskered Terns have also returned to the Centre. Here are some shots from the Poo Ponds:

Whiskered Tern


The following is a few shots of a Whistling Kite catching a Masked Lapwing. Fortunately for the lapwing, it managed to free its wings and get away, then its mate chased off the Whistling Kite. The shots were taken from quite a distance away:




Enjoy your Bird-watching!

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Stunning serie but i love the way you capture the last frames of bird of prey.
    Greetings from Sweden
    /ingemar

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the unique sightings every birder loves to see!

    ReplyDelete