Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 3 May 2012

Lake Nash late afternoon - White-necked Heron, Brolgas and others

Spent a lovely late afternoon sitting by the water and had some beautiful fly-bys from a number of birds. By far the most graceful was this White-necked Heron:

And a pair of Brolgas were on the far side of the lake:



and later flew past while I was sitting near the crossing

There were a few other birds around:

Little Corella feeding near the road next to the crossing

Whistling Kite flying in the late afternoon sun over the lake

White-plumed Honeyeater who continually dunked themselves in the water having a bath

White-necked Heron getting a late afternoon snack

One of the highlights was listening to the pair of Brolgas "honking" just before sunset, and then doing a fly-by, honking after they had past me.

Happy Birding!

1 comment: