Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Friday 9 March 2012

Red-tailed Black Cockatoos in Alice Springs, opposite Albrecht oval

Saw a group of birds sitting on the ground feeding on some grass seeds, pulled over and was delighted to see there was a group of Red-tailed Black Cockatoos. I hadn't noticed before the sheen like those of crows and ravens on the cockatoos. They flew off due to this rude intruder, but not far and sat on the fence.







3 comments:

  1. Saw this flock this arvo and had to call family so they too could share the joy. Great moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb photography!
    Again, I can't say how I envy to see those stunning cockatoos in the wild and have them tolerate your presence fairly close!
    How exiting!
    The Mrs is sooooo pretty with her golden beauty spots! :)
    Well done!
    Cheers and happy birding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they super?!! Great series of photos showing the fire in their tails. A few years since I've seen them. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete