Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Two Fairies! - Variegated Fairy Wren and Fairy Martin

Saw these two varieties at the Poo Ponds the same day as the Crake and sort of forgot all about them. The Variegated Fairy-wren was twittering away in the bushes as I approached, and surprisingly, kept going when I stopped a few metres from the bush. It then decided to come and have a squiz at the intruder from the safety of the middle of the bush:



The Fairy Martins were lining up on the wires for their group shot:
and there's always one in a crowd who wants to be an individual!

2 comments:

  1. The Variegated Fairy-wren is definitely my favourite!
    How cute and beautiful!
    I also like the kind of halo the back light produces around the bird!
    Your last post also is wonderful!
    Cheers, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had I seen such a beautiful little creature. Thank you for capturing its beauty.

    ReplyDelete