Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 21 November 2011

Thornbills, Fairy-wrens, Major Mitchell Cockatoos and a Dragon

More photos from the cold, cloudy, drizzly Centre we are experiencing at the moment. The larger birds seem to be keeping themselves warm in caves somewhere, but the smaller birds are out in numbers. this collection is from the Cassia Hill Walk at Simpsons Gap. Yellow-rumped Thornbills were noisily playing in the scrub, but the Chestnut-rumped Thornbills were happily playing by the path:

I'll pose for the camera!

I wish I could have a dragonfly for lunch

How lucky was that, caught it by the toe!

A quick transference to the beak

A few whacks on the branch and then get a better grip

 There were lots of fairy-wrens around and this Splendid Fairy-wren is in the middle of a moult:

A Major Mitchell cockatoo was extremely tame and allowed me to get very close, perched on a wooden fence:



and finally, I love photos with birds and signs, but sometimes other animals can get involved. This photo may well be captioned:
Dragons Guard These Gates!
You can just make out the Bearded Dragon on the bottom left of the photo. Here are some closer shots:


No comments:

Post a Comment