Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Canberra Birds 3 - Superb Fairy-wrens, Grey Fantails and White-browed Scrubwrens

Superb Fairy-wrens can be heard most places I've been in and around Canberra. They are in the woodlands near our Motor Village, as well as the Fyshwick area around the wetlands. They are generally quite bold and very noisy:



The Grey Fantails are even bolder than the wrens, coming very close to have a good look at what you are doing. Along with their wonderful whistling and tail-wagging, these are a common but beautiful bird to watch:


The Whiote-browed Scrubwren is another one of these small birds who seem quite happy for you to venture in close proximity, and so long as you don't get too close, they happily work away at their feeding routine:



No comments:

Post a Comment