Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Sunday 25 October 2015

Backyard Bird list reaches 48

In the last couple of days, I've had two new honeyeaters to add to the backyard bird list - the Grey-headed Honeyeater and the Singing Honeyeater. It has been bedlum when the sprinkler gets turned on. Despite having two bird baths and a pond, the sprinkler seems to send the birds a bit strange, and sitting in the lemon tree getting a "shower" seems to be the preferred method of cooling down. As the weather warms further, and without any rain, I would thinkthe backyard list will increase even more before the end of the year.

Here are a few recent shots from the backyard:

Spiny-cheeked Honeyeater


Brown Honeyeater


Grey-headed Honeyeater



Singing Honeyeater

Australian Ringneck
 




1 comment:

  1. wow, 48 for a backyard list is very impressive! I particularly love the photos of the Grey-headed Honeyeater, what a beautiful bird. Although we weren't home too much, we managed 30 for our "backyard" patch.

    ReplyDelete