Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Frilled-neck Lizards

I have had two recent encounters, my first for a few years. Maybe I am not in the area at the right time to see more. These are in between what I would call the Top End and Central Australia, so the Victoria River Region and around Katherine/Mataranka.

The first was standing on the main highway, warming itself. I saw where it ran to off the road as I approached and somehow managed to find it in amongst the rocks and leaf litter as its camouflage was excellent. I doubt I could have found it without seeing it run to around that spot.

The second was just on the very edge of the road, and I saw it run towards a tree. I wasn't going too fast so it was fairly easy to stop and keep an eye on the right tree. Again, without having seen where it went I would never have located it where it had moved to. Their hiding ability is excellent. Anyway, the tree was quite close to the road. This time I stayed inside the car. It jumped off and ran to another tree a bit further away, after peering at me from a few positions on the other side of the original tree. Watching them run always makes me laugh. Then the jump off this tree to another one. In all I was watching it for about 10 minutes. Fascinating creatures. Hope you enjoy the photos:

Frilled-neck Lizard











8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely picture there. thanks for this great post will i share it my gb whatsapp account

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete