Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 21 May 2018

Gouldian Finches

There are many colourful birds in the world, and one of the most colourful is the Gouldian Finch. 

The Gouldian finch (Erythrura gouldiae), also known as the Lady Gouldian finchGould's finch or the rainbow finch, is a colourful oasserine bird endemic to Australia (Wikipedia).

I love finding them. Who wouldn't. I am yet to see and Orange-headed male or female in the wild, but have come across many Black-head and quite a few Red-headed adults, both male and female.

Their calls are quite different to the other birds they hang out with, so once you know the call, finding them is quite easy. As with most birds, sitting quietly and unobtrusively like under the shade of a tree, will give them confidence you aren't a threat and they can become quite confiding. Below are a few of the many photos I have taken this year in the wild of the Gouldian Finches. I hope you enjoy.

Gouldian Finch
























No comments:

Post a Comment