Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 8 August 2016

Brown Quails come out for a feed

Brown Quails are one of those birds that can either give you a fleeting glimpse, or do as these ones did and come and put on a show.

I first noticed them scurrying about in the shadows of the speargrass at the edge of the campground. About 30 minutes later they came back to about the same spot, but I was ready with the camera this time.

There were at least four of them, possibly seven in the original group, but only four returned for the second showing. I was hoping they would come out and stand up in the sun, so I was pretty happy with some of the shots, and they were quite close to my camp, a fortunate bit of positioning.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Brown Quail








No comments:

Post a Comment