Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 12 October 2015

Mulga Parrot chicks are growing fast

The Mulga Parrot nest must be fairly deep as the chicks are growing fast, but I did see the adult male heading into the nest on the weekend. As I have rarely seen the female I am wondering whether she isn't spending a fair bit of time in the hollow, with the male now doing most of the feeding.

It has been wonderful to be able to share this nesting experience with others in the area. Hopefully my two boys will get to see them some time this week. Here are some of the latest photos:

Mulga Parrot








 














 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Richard - and thanks for sharing reminds me of my time out west in the early '90's
    thank you, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pictures, Richard. What gorgeous birds.

    ReplyDelete