Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Saturday 4 July 2015

Honeyeaters of the Top End

Even though I didn't manage to see all of the available birds, I did manage to get some photos of the ones I did see.

After being confused about the White-gaped and the Dusky Honeyeater, this year I was lucky enough to see both at the same time, at very close range, and the size difference was very obvious. The coppery-brown colour of the Dusky can be stunning, and a lot quieter than the sometimes noisy White-gaped Honeyeater.

Dusky Honeyeater


Juvenile Dusky Honeyeater

White-gaped Honeyeater

Then there were the Rufous-throated Honeyeater and Rufous-banded  Honeyeater. 

Rufous-throated Honeyeater


Rufous-banded Honeyeater

and the Blue-faced Honeyeater



Juvenile Blue-faced Honeyeater

and the White-throated Honeyeater


No comments:

Post a Comment