Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 17 February 2014

Spotted Nightjar

Driving along outback roads at night can always be exciting as there is always the chance to see something unusual. I drive very slowly as there is the chance of cows or kangaroos/wallabies on the road and so it is also a chance to be fairly tuned in to any possible birds.

I came over a crest just after a creek crossing on the road to Haasts Bluff, and there were 4 Spotted Nightjars within 100 metres of each other. The hill has spinifex grass on it so presumably a perfect cover during the day. The photo isn't great as my car lights are average, another reason to go slow.

Spotted Nightjar

2 comments:

  1. They are such a cute bird! I think the photo is pretty good for limited night lighting. Well spotted.

    ReplyDelete