Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Birds and wildflower photos on the road to Kintore

Driving along the road from Alice Springs to Kintore yesterday was a day of "Oh Wow!" moments. Although this is a blog dedicated to showing others the world of birds I live in, the car-stoppers yesterday were mainly the huge expanses of wildflowers gracing the roadside. Considering there is so much space beyond what I can see from the road itself, I can't imagine what it would look like from the air at the moment. Spectacular most likely, with seas of yellows, greens, purples, blues, reds, virtually every colour imaginable. The spinifex and buffel grasses are also flowering, and with all of the blooms, come the birds.

I have seen a fair few Crimson Chats over the years, but never in the numbers I saw and heard yesterday. They were everywhere. The piping by the Pied and Black Honeyeaters have dissipated, but the chatter of the Chats has filled the void.

Here are a few of the better shots I took yesterday of the Crimson Chats













Also saw a few birds of prey
Black-breasted Buzzard



Brown Falcon

and just a few Zebra Finches - here's a female

But by far the most stunning images of the day come from the wildflowers. There are a lot of them, but pleased enjoy and if you are anywhere near Alice Springs at the moment, take a drive out west past Glen Helen, then to Haasts Bluff/Papunya and back via the Tanami Rd. It will be worth your while

Wildflowers along the road from Alice Springs to Kintore

























No comments:

Post a Comment