Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Arafura Fantail and other bird photos from Mamukala Wetlands, Kakadu NP

My eldest son had noticed an unusual bird, the only description he could give was that it had a reddish head. Considering there were plenty of Crimson Finches around, I wasn't overly convinced it was a different bird, but I looked in any case. This turned out to be an Arafura Fantail, a new bird for me, and I delighted probably more in my two sons studying the birds as they built a nest. Here is one of the photos I took.

Arafura Fantail

the habitat

the nest

the possible culprit - Crimson Finch


2 comments:

  1. it's lovely that your two sons have taken on your love of birding too Richard and steered you towards something special here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Carole, it makes my birding much more enjoyable to see their delight in something like this. You can see a video of the Arafura Fantail in Moses' blog. You can find the link on the left hand side of the page. He is 9 and very keen, and very patient, and using his tripod has made his videos a pleasure to watch. Your comments are much appreciated.

      Delete