Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Sunday 28 April 2013

Kites around the backyard - bird photos

My son Moses and I had a wonderful session with Black Kites and Whistling Kites this morning, swooping low over the house and the park over the back fence.

Here are a few shots. I'll post a link to my son's video when it arrives at Youtube.
Moses' video of a Black Kite swooping in and then chased off a branch by a Little Crow

Black Kites





Whistling Kites



9 comments:

  1. Wow they are spectacular images - so clear! What has the top Kite have in it's talons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think it might have been bacon but we couldn't be sure. It caused this Black Kite a bit of trouble as it was harassed by two other Black Kites and a Whistling Kite for whatever it was. Thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  2. Some perfect kite pictures. Wish I had that in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Russell but I think your broader backyard has some spectacular sights also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular birds, i have the whistling Kites in back yard, i live on a cane property in Maryborough Qld and they are frequently circling and perched in my back yard, i got so close I took a really good photone, I'd like to share it but I'm not sure if I can post a pic on your page! ChristI need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular birds, i have the whistling Kites in back yard, i live on a cane property in Maryborough Qld and they are frequently circling and perched in my back yard, i got so close I took a really good photone, I'd like to share it but I'm not sure if I can post a pic on your page! ChristI need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to share a photo as to identify if this wonderful bird I have on my property is in fact a Kite? Christine my email address christinetiaro@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to share a photo as to identify if this wonderful bird I have on my property is in fact a Kite? Christine my email address christinetiaro@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete