Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Wee Jasper NSW Birds Part 3 - Olive-backed Oriole, White-throated Treecreeper, Rufous Whistler, Willie Wagtail and others

The final post of the birds from Wee Jasper for this year. For the most part I'll just put up the photos but a few need a word or two.

The first is this Olive-backed Oriole who had caught a grub. The Oriole is one of those birds when I hear their call I know I've heard it before, but perhaps because it is not a usual bird around my local area, always have trouble picking what it is to start with. They normally aren't too hard to spot if you spend any length of time in the area, and I usually connect the call and the sighted bird together.

Olive-backed Oriole

White-throated Treecreeper


Rufous Whistler
 juvenile

Willie Wagtail

the photo below is of the Willie Wagtail parent feeding its two chicks. The unusual part is the placement of the nest, beautifully shaded, but overhanging the river, precarious for that first flight.

Yellow-faced Honeyeater
(really enjoyed the look in this one when it was preening its tail feathers)


European Goldfinch

Australian Wood Ducks on the road to Micalong

Dusky Woodswallows

Pied Currawong

Masked Woodswallow

Laughing Kookaburra

Red-browed Finch

Water Dragon

Tawny Frogmouth

White-browed Woodswallow

White-browed Woodswallow being harassed by a Willie Wagtail

As you can see, the variety of birdlife at Wee Jasper is vast and well worth a visit. Our family does it every year!

1 comment:

  1. We were picnicking at Wee Jasper yesterday and saw what we have now identified as the White-Throated Treecreeper. Thanks to you for this page and for the wonderful photos. Cheerio from down south, CC from Daytripper Sippers.

    ReplyDelete