Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 3 January 2013

Photos of Waterside birds of Phillip Island

Had a good day that started at Fishers Wetlands near Churchill Island. There were a lot of birds on the wetlands themselves, as well as a few in the nearby woodlands and the inlet rocks/water's edge.

The behaviour of some of the birds was unusual, with the first photo one of these:

Great Egret

Eurasian Coot were there in numbers and here is a large group all huddled up to the shoreline:

Then there was the duelling Spoonbills, not the best shot but I don't normally see them together:

Royal Spoonbill

Yellow-billed Spoonbill

A fly-by by a Pied Cormorant

and a family of Pied Oystercatchers on the rocks near the Churchill Island bridge

Australian Spotted Crake was one of the species I had hoped to see and thanks to Pete (see his blog here ), I had the good information on where to look and be successful



and finally, what would a blog about Waterside birds of Phillip Island be without the iconic Cape Barren Goose!



No comments:

Post a Comment