Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 16 July 2012

Flycatchers from the Top End - photos

The Flycatchers are birds I find synonymous with the pandanas trees in the Top End, their occasional "zzzztt" echoing from "somewhere" until eventually they present themselves. (I hope I have these named correctly, please feel free to point out if I have inadvertently got them wrong.)

Broad-billed Flycatcher, seen at Fogg Dam

Leaden Flycatcher, seen at Yellow Waters

Lemon-bellied Flycatcher, same in name only, different sounds completely but still name a flycatcher for some reason, seen at lots of places including this one from Marrara in Darwin

Paperbark Flycatcher, seen at South Alligator campground

Shining Flycatcher, seen at Yellow Waters

Happy Birding!





No comments:

Post a Comment