Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 20 February 2012

Like Bees to Honey(-eater)

Saw this strange occurrence nearby to Alice Springs. I had seen the bees doing similar things in the wet sand on a separate occasion but hadn't noticed any birds going near them.
The White-plumed Honeyeaters numbered 6 or 7 in total, but one in particular seemed to be enjoying whatever the bees were in the sand/gravel. The hornet was an added bonus, in the last photo below the hornet is actually sitting on the honeyeater.






1 comment:

  1. Quite incredible scene!
    The bird doesn't even seem to notice the Hornet, which is stunning, color-wise!
    Well done!
    Cheers, Richard!

    ReplyDelete