Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Canberra Birds 6 - Australian Reed Warbler and New Holland Honeyeater

I thought I'd put these two noisy characters together. The reed warbler was especially pleasing as I could hear the bird singing away and thought there was no chance of a photo. A black-faced cuckoo-shrike was perched in a tree nearby as I approached and I was sure when it flew off the warbler would be spooked. But, this time, things went my way and as I waited near a clearing in the reeds, it popped out right into the spot I was hoping it would:

The New Holland Honeyeaters can be difficult to photograph, not sure why, they tend to be a bit blurry in my experience, but every now and then after 30 or so shots (don't you love digital cameras!) I score a decent one. These birds are quite vocal, and I've often heard them send out a warning call to others:




No comments:

Post a Comment