Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Sunday 10 April 2016

Gouldian Finch photos, Black headed, Red-headed and Juveniles

It has been a big weekend. More posts to come in the following days. 

I stopped at the start of where I had seen Gouldians early last week. On that occasion I only had one adultand a couple of young ones. This time, they literally dropped from the trees (onto the grass below, right outside the car).. One, two, five, eight, ... and I could hear more across the road. I am thinking at least 20 in total. Great to see them doing well in the wild.

I decided not to get out of the car, just take photos with the window down on the passenger side. This worked well, and, not so well. I did get a bit excited when I saw the Red-headed Gouldian Finch, but it stayed low in the grass for much of the time.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the photos, and if you are ever on the Buntine Highway south of Top Springs, make sure you have a look around at Townsend Creek, you never know what you'll find.

Gouldian Finches









No comments:

Post a Comment