Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 5 June 2014

Variety of Victorian bird photos

I spent a short time in Victoria recently and took a few photos of the birds around Melbourne's eastern suburbs, Mornington Peninsula and the Inverloch area with a few spots in between. I hope you enjoy the photos.

Eastern Rosella


Grey Butcherbird

Noisy Miner

Purple Swamphen

Chestnut Teal

Red-browed Finch

 Crimson Rosella


Australian Pelican

Little Pied Cormorant


White-faced Heron

Australasian Gannet

Black-shouldered Kite

Collared Sparrowhawk

Crescent Honeyeater (lifer for the visit)
 
 Scarlet Robin


Spotted Pardalote



4 comments:

  1. Terrific selection of images and nice variety of birds Richard. The Eastern Rosella is a knockout! Congrats on the lifer too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, agree about the Rosella (as did lots of others, voted the prettiest Oz bird not too long ago). Thanks for the congrats, unexpected but knew straight away I hadn't seen it before, even at the time I wasn't sure what it was.

      Delete
  2. a lovely series Richard, I love the black-shouldered kite and the robins and pardalote too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, those three were particularly pleasing and unexpected t the time

      Delete