Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Saturday 1 March 2014

A variety of Bird Photos from the last couple of days - Mataranka and surrounds

I have been lucky enough to see and hear some beautiful birds over the past couple of days. Most of the photos are from around Mataranka, NT, others are a bit south and a bit north. Photography has been a bit of a challenge due to either the rain or the humidity fogging the lens (some conditions I am not normally faced with). Hope you enjoy.

Pheasant Coucal

Long-tailed Finch

Plumed Whistling Ducks in flight

Red-backed Fairy-wren

Black Kite

Weebill

Blue-winged kookaburra

Dollarbird

Hornet V Spider - Hornet wins

A slick hairdo for the Red-tailed Black Cockatoo

An even more impressive crest for the Sulphur-crested Cockatoo

White-bellied Sea-Eagle juvenile (just north of Mataranka, I'm not sure how often these are this far south in the NT)

White-gaped Honeyeater - weaving materials collection

White-throated Honeyeater

No comments:

Post a Comment