Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Wee Jasper NSW Birds Part 2 - smaller birds - Eastern Yellow Robin, Superb Fairy-wren and White-browed Scrubwren

The smaller birds of Wee Jasper are just as busy as small birds anywhere else, thornbills, mistletoebirds, scrubwrens, all hopping around busily both in the trees and on the ground looking for insects.

One of the friendlier species can be the Eastern Yellow Robin. I met these at close quarters at Micalong Creek and Swinging Bridge and took the following photos.

Eastern Yellow Robin





this one was coming into its full adult plumage




The Superb Fairy-wren is a species that was prolific around the south eastern parts of Australia we visited. I will post some videos taken by my son Moses soon and put its link in this blog post, but until then, here are some of the photos I took:

Superb Fairy-wren

Female 


Male









The final small bird for this post is the White-browed Scrubwren. I have found these birds quite difficult to photograph on occasions, and at other times they can be quite accommodating. Below are some of the photos taken by the latter type:
White-browed Scrubwren











1 comment:

  1. Buenas series de estas bonitas y pequeñajas aves.Saludos

    ReplyDelete