Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Young birds and little bird photos

Unusually, the middle of Australia is having a normal Spring boom for birds. I haven't noticed this in previous years, and it is nice to experience similar events to the rest of Australia. The juveniles have thrown me quite a bit, and thankfully the parents have been around to give me a clue. The Masked Woodswallow was one that really confused me until the parent flew onto a branch beneath the juvenile.

Masked Woodswallow juvenile

A few moments later a young Budgerigar joined the Woodswallow on the same tree

Budgerigar juvenile

further down the road I came across a bird that I just couldn't finger for an ID. Eventually I decided it was a young Rufous Songlark

There were a few of the smaller birds around, they can be noisy and cheeky. One of them was a Chestnut-rumped Thornbill

Chestnut-rumped Thornbill



Another small bird that is enjoyable to watch is the Australasian or Richard's Pipit

and I couldn't have a small bird post without putting in the Zebra Finch. They have such character and even though I see these a lot, I could watch their playful shananagans all day.

Zebra Finch


No comments:

Post a Comment