Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Wedge-tailed Eagles photo bonanza

The Stuart and Lasseter Highways are currently experiencing an abundance of Wedge-tailed Eagles along the roadside, mainly attending to the roadkill that has appeared since the rains brought moisture to the roadside. I have also had a few games of hide and seek with the Wedgies that were by the side of the road as I slowed but disappeared to the lush grasses by the road. The main message to anyone travelling the highways of Central Australia at the moment is to slow down if you see a group of birds ahead as more than likely there will be a Wedgie in there who is a bit slower than the other birds attending a roadkill site.

anyway, here are the photos, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed watching the action at the time:





























1 comment: