Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 11 March 2013

Morning Mulga Parrots and Cockatiels

Left Alice Springs this morning for my final week at Titjikala. The birds were certainly more active in the cooler morning air as driving back to Alice Springs in the early afternoon on Friday was almost completely devoid of bird activity.

The Mulga Parrots were prominent along much of the Maryvale Road. Here are some photos of one of the males:


There has been a largish group, around 30-40, of Cockatiels soon after the road turns from bitumen to dirt as you are heading out of town. I have seen them each time I have driven down to Titjikala over the past 3 weeks. This morning the group seemed even a bit bigger than previous occasions. The group would feed on one side of the road, and then flutter across to the other side. Here are some shots of the Cockatiels:





I also saw Red-tailed Black Cockatoos, Major Mitchell Cockatoos, Galahs, Pied Butcherbirds, Willie Wagtails, Black-faced Woodswallows and Zebra Finches this morning. Interestingly, I didn't see a single Budgerigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment