Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Finches, Finches, Finches .... and a Mannikan

I have travelled through the land of Finches in the past couple of days. I feel like I'm living atop the Magic Faraway Tree!

The collection of Finches is a wonderful sight. Some places had one or two species, others had 6 or more. The Top End, or the southern extremities of the Top End of the Northern Territory are a bird-watcher's paradise. The Finch species are normally quite noisy, and the bird song has been everywhere. Here are a few snaps:

Gouldian Finches


Long-tailed Finches


Masked Finch

Crimson Finches



Double-barred Finch

Long-tailed, Double-barred and Zebra Finches

and a Pictorella Mannikan


No comments:

Post a Comment