Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 13 August 2015

Fairy-wrens including a dust-up, an Orange Chat and a few others

Spent some time at the Alice Springs Sewage Ponds trying to chase Fairy-wrens and Chats. Quite happy with the range I managed.


White-winged Fairy-wren

Dad came out to watch the fight between the kids



Young male checking out the insects

Mum watches on as the young male and female have a dust-up



Splendid Fairy-wren was not amused

Variegated Fairy-wren kept to himself

This Orange Chat sat nicely on top of a bush

Black-tailed Native-hen

Fairy Martin

4 comments:

  1. Great pics Richard. How is the hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack. Hand is currently being replaced by the monopod. Be a while yet before it is useable again, things take longer to heal than when I was younger:-)

      Delete