Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 15 June 2015

Red-tailed Black Cockatoo, and some other local Alice Springs birds photos

Alice Springs experienced a dramatic change in weather on Saturday, it hailed. Very unusual for our area. there was a big build up of clouds and one of the cloud colours was a pinky colour, which I now suspect to have been the hail forming cloud (photo below). One change in the area after the rain was the plethora of birds that have suddenly appeared.

One of these was a beautiful female Red-tailed Black Cockatoo out at Simpsons Gap. There were a lot of other small birds around as well, lots of Thornbills and a first sighting for me this year - a Redthroat. Here are a selection of photos from the weekend.

Red-tailed Black Cockatoo 

Chestnut-rumped Thornbill

Mulga Parrot

Spiny-cheeked Honeyeater

Spotted Dove

White-plumed Honeyeater

Hail Cloud


No comments:

Post a Comment