Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Backyard visitors

Sitting outside in the mornings, the "thunk" on the verandah tin roof is constant. The Australian Ringnecks sit in the tree above and pick off the seed podded branches, dropping them on a regular basis. Sometimes, they sit on branches beyond the roof line and they fall to the ground. A little while later, some of the birds flutter down and continue their feeding.

Australian Ringneck


They are joined by a variety of other birds coming to the ground to feed, among them are the Western Bowerbird, interestingly, eating the same seeds, and the Spiny-cheeked Honeyeater, which tends to go for the pods, but not the seeds themselves as far as I can tell.

Western Bowerbird



Spiny-cheeked Honeyeater


enjoying the bird bath water

No comments:

Post a Comment