Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Black-shouldered Kite photos

I've managed to find a pair of Black-shouldered Kites not far out of Alice Springs. There are lots of Budgerigars around, a few other small birds as well, so there seems to be lots of food. The Kites have hung around for a couple of days so I am thinking they have a nest, and I am fairly sure it is in a clump of Mistletoe, but apart from some squeaking, can't really tell as it is well hidden if the nest is there at all. If it is the nest, it is unlike another I saw a few weeks ago that is much larger and high up in the tree. They are quite good at alerting me when they return to their "tree" with high pitched, short, sharp squeaking. Here are some photos from the pair I've seen in the last couple of days.

Black-shouldered Kite





A very young Budgerigar

Some sort of hairy caterpillar

One of my only (even if blurry) shots of a Little Button-quail

No comments:

Post a Comment