Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Friday 17 October 2014

A pair of Brown Goshawks, including size comparison photos of male and female

I ran into a pair of Brown Goshawks recently and was a little stunned at the size difference between the larger female, and the male. I know this is not uncommon, but the male almost looks like a different species. The pair is nesting near Alice Springs and after catching the morning feed, the female ate, then preened, then seemed to check her under sides (was wondering if her water had broken :-) ), and then flew to the nest, while the male pretty much stayed in the same spot the entire time.









"I think my waters broke!"






No comments:

Post a Comment