Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 12 May 2014

Bird-watching in Central Australia - Woodswallows, Wedgies, Cuckoos, Cockies, Wildlife and other photos

Black-faced Woodswallow (he's behind you!)


Whistling Kite


Wedge-tailed Eagles
(waiting in line)





Bearded Dragon


Black-breasted Buzzard


Brown Falcon chased by Yellow-throated Miner


Brown Songlark


Dingo
(behaving like my domestic dog - jumping at grass hoppers)

Hopper


Horsfield's Bronze-cuckoos
(the chase)





Pallid Cuckoo


Red-backed Kingfisher


Red-tailed Black Cockatoos


Southern Boobook




7 comments:

  1. fantastic action shots here Richard, enjoyed these so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite envious of all those raptor pictures, Richard. I'd love a wedgie to fly cross my path today. Sadly, just sparrows and crows in the middle of Niigata city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Russell, those raptors aren't far away from you surely, and sparrows and crows are still characters in their own way. Maybe its time to head out of the city! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Richard, I am setting up a website for conservation of part of the Kimberley. I am the program manager of a weed eradication program on the Fitzroy River. I was wondering if you would consent to me using one of your images of the wedgetail eagle for the website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, no problems so long as there is a notation. Have lots of WTE photos. Maybe e-mail me direct rjwaring@richardwaring.com.au and if you let me know which one I can send you the original. Cheers, Richard

      Delete
  4. Thanks Richard much appreciated.
    Cheers John

    ReplyDelete