Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 10 March 2014

Spotted Harrier

I have been trying to get decent shots of a Spotted Harrier a few times this year without much luck. Today's shots were a little better and they do show the various features quite well, even if the photos aren't what I had hoped for and shall continue to strive to achieve. Hope you can get some information for identifying these beautiful birds from the photos.

Behaviourally, (not sure that is a real word!) this one was a little different. Normally I see them flying low over fields and treetops, but this one was behaving more like a Kite, soaring and circling, alas further and further away. It was also very quiet, although that is not unusual as I don't normally hear them calling either.

Spotted Harrier






No comments:

Post a Comment