Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Friday 7 March 2014

A fleeting Peregrine Falcon experience, Brown Honeyeaters in an upside down dip, and a Rufous Songlark

Papunya has turned up a nice surprise. A young Peregrine Falcon without its usual "zoom" but still fast enough and alas a little way off but some photos just the same.

Peregrine Falcon





I think I counted 10 Brown Honeyeaters in the shrub in the middle of a large puddle, using the shrub to launch for a dip. Some weren't as keen as others and they were quite comical, almost human-like, with some plunging in and others just getting the smallest of dips. As I watched, one of the "plungers" did something strange- they flipped over just as they hit the water so it looked like they were bathing with their head up. Here are a few shots.

Brown Honeyeaters




Rufous Songlark


No comments:

Post a Comment