Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 27 February 2014

Some weird and wonderful poses - Variegated Fairy-wren, Crested Bellbird, Budgerigar and others

Driving back from Haasts Bluff to Alice Springs presented a variety of weird and wonderful experiences with birds. I always love looking through the lens and seeing something unusual happen, and this male Variegated Fairy-wren certainly struck a few interesting poses as well as some close-up displays:

Variegated Fairy-wren
Male
"I'm sure it is down there somewhere!"




Female - gathering food


This Crested Bellbird showed the Variegated Fairy-wren what a crest should look like



This Budgerigar got in on the act with some "moustache-like" thing happening


This Australian Hobby thought he was an Australian Hoppy

This Australian Pelican decided to float by

And this Red-capped Robin just sat there being cute


And finally, probably my favourite tree and a lovely scene on the way home on Larapinta Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment