Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Chiltern Bird Photos

The Chiltern Mt Pilot National Park area was one we had looked forward to seeing a bit better one day other than stopping in the township and looking around the lake or the roadside stop. I was lucky enough to have an understanding partner who agreed I could travel with Pete (of Pete's Flap fame) and Moses (my youngest son) from Melbourne to Wee Jasper, stopping off at Chiltern at our leisure.

The first place we tried was Dam #2. Brown Treecreeper, Red-rumped Parrot and Dusky Woodswallows were among some of the more unusual birds for the Territorians, possibly Pete was not so enthused. We then had a quick food stop in the township, then travelled under the highway to the eastern side and to Honeyeater Picnic Grounds. Before we even made it to the car park I had a new bird for my life list - Fuscous Honeyeater. We made it to the picnic area and within a few minutes had spotted the main target - Yellow Tufted Honeyeater.We dipped on the Regent but that seemed to be a seasonal dip rather than an observers dip, or that is my excuse anyway. 

Yellow-tufted Honeyeater


Fuscous Honeyeater


Brown Treecreeper

Dusky Woodswallow


Eastern Yellow Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment