Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 21 August 2013

The White-plumed Honeyeater and the moth

One thing I love about bird-watching and photography is observing the behaviours of the birds. This is especially true of watching them catching and eating their prey. The White-plumed Honeyeater below took three attempts to get hold of the moth. It was in behind one of the beams under the carport at home. I was alerted to the activity by a small noise in the carport. I think the bird may have hit the tin roof in its desperate attempt to catch its food. The camera was fortunately lying handily nearby and the honeyeater obligingly sat on the railing to eat. I'm not sure if it enjoyed it as it stuck its tongue out at the end :-) Hope you enjoy the photos.

White-plumed Honeyeater with moth












2 comments:

  1. Some great dramatic pictures, Richard. Pretty nice find without venturing too far! Also demonstrates more about the diet of this "honey-eater".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ones! Really interesting shots.

    "The camera was fortunately lying handily nearby"

    Ha ha .... Anytime it's not? ;)

    ReplyDelete