Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Water birds from drive from Alice Springs to Papunya - 2 Mile campspot on Finke River near Glen Helen

I have seen a couple of strange Pelican poses, and this one was keeping its bill warm in its back feathers.

Pelican hiding its bill with a Little Black Cormorant

Australasian Darter

Dusky Moorhen

Little Black Cormorant

Little Pied Cormorant

Purple Swamphen

White-faced Heron


2 comments:

  1. your travels Richard take you to wonderful birding opportunities; another great series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some super birds and great pictures, Richard. can't say I've noticed a pelican sitting like that before. They're a nice couple aren't they? The White-faced heron is quite beautiful in that pose too.

    ReplyDelete