Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 25 March 2013

Wedge-tailed Eagles along Lasseter Highway, NT

Driving out of Alice Springs this morning promised cooler travelling as the clouds had gathered and there were a few short showers I drove through to get to Imanpa.

On Friday afternoon I had driven from Imanpa to Alice Springs and saw 2 or 3 groups of Wedge-tailed Eagles feeding near the road, so I was keen to have the camera ready on the drive this morning. There weren't as many as Friday, but still a single WTE and then a pair of WTEs made the preparations worthwhile. It would have been nicer to get a bit closer but with cars streaming past at 110 km/h, they are rightfully cautious of cars and the strange things in them.

Hope you enjoy the photos as I certainly enjoyed marvelling at these impressive birds.

Wedge-tailed Eagles







2 comments: