Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Thursday 26 July 2012

The "shit-a-brick" bird and others from Simpsons Gap

Recently my son informed me the indigenous names of a few of the local birds are based on the sounds they make. I think the White-plumed Honeyeaters should be renamed the "shit-a-brick" birds because that's what they say a lot of the time.

I saw the newly named bird at Simpsons Gap, along with a number of other small birds.

Hope you enjoy the photos:

White-plumed Honeyeater

Chestnut-rumped Thornbill



Crested Bellbird



Hooded Robin (female)

Splendid Fairy-wren (just getting breeding plumage)



Zebra Finch





Juveniles



Also saw some larger "pied" birds:

Australian Magpie

Pied Butcherbird

Magpie Lark

Happy Birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment